SOLD OUT: Testing Faster
Testing Faster is a workshop exploring the principles and practices of agile testing. Taught in a dynamic, interactive and engaging style, there are no slides or handouts. Instead participants work together in small groups to reinforce the training and make it relevant to their own context.
- Test Strategy—reasoning about what, where and when to test
- Test Design—reasoning about how to test
- BDD—understanding its relationship to testing and automation
- Automation—when, where to automate, and where not to
- Designing for Testability—how test thinking can inform design, development and deployment
Learning outcomes After completing the class, participants will be better able to:
- identify and apply a number of testing techniques and methods.
- make design choices that promote testability
- understand and implement non-functional testing strategies for e.g. performance and resilience testing.
- make suitable cost benefit trade-offs for testing throughout the application lifecycle.
- recognise the diminishing return of different testing techniques and avoiding over-testing.
- apply consistent testing techniques within and across applications.
- understand and develop the role of test analysts.
- introduce instrumentation, analytics and telemetry into their development approach.
- classify testing techniques by various characteristics and describe their respective merits and trade-offs.
- apply a risk-based approach to recognising missing or inadequate testing.
- apply feature management techniques like semantic versioning and feature hiding.
Originator of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) & principal at Dan North & Associates