Building Secure API's and Web Applications
Student Requirements: Familiarity with the technical details of building web applications and web services from a software engineering point of view.
Description: The major cause of webservice and web application insecurity is a lack of secure software development knowledge and practices. This highly intensive and interactive 1-day workshop provides essential application security training for web application and webservice developers.
This workshop is a combination of lecture, security testing demonstration and code review. Students will learn the most common threats against applications. More importantly, students will learn how to code secure web solutions via defense-based code samples.
Topic will include:
- Introduction to Application Security
- HTTP Security Basics
- XSS Defense
- Intro to Angular.JS Security
- Intro to React.JS Security
- SQL and other Injection
- Cross Site Request Forgery
- Input Validation Basics
- OWASP Top Ten 2017
- Introduction to API and Microservice Security
Who should attend this masterclass: Software engineers and support staff, application security professionals
Academic level: Intermediate to advanced
What is the take away in this masterclass:
- Information about the design of secure software
- Details on security models that drive the core of web standards
- Understanding of many security coding design patterns